Monday, October 30, 2006

Some Favorite Authors To Tide You Over

Since I'm reading books thoroughly (in other words, two or more times) before reviewing them, I'm afraid I can't review yet. To tide you over, though, I've got a list of some random authors that are really, really good, or are at least notable enough to pop into my head at no notice whatsoever.
Toodles.

J. K. Rowling
If you haven't read her, shame on you! Shame!

Patricia C. Wrede
A little too obscure to merit the shaming, but if you like fantasy, magic, cats, dragons, lemons, soapy water, and humor, her Enchanted Forest Chronicles are for you.

Christopher Paolini
Absolutely amazing. Especially since he started his debut series when he was fifteen.

Eoin Colfer
What can I say? He rocks. He's Irish. Read his books. NOW!!

The Silent Miaow (I don't know if I spelt that right.)
This is acutually a book, but it's still quite good. It's by a cat.

Lemony Snicket
Join the mystery, unravel the conspiracy. Or just read the books.

Cornelia Funke
She's German. She's good. Read now!

Kirsten Miller
Her debut, Kiki Strike: Inside the Shadow City, is a must-read, a modern Harriet the Spy with a whole city at stake. There's also a blog based on the book-- check out Ananka's Diary!


That's it for now. All of these people, including or excluding LS and/or tSM depending on your viewpoint, write fiction.

3 comments:

LittleChar said...

you left out the lord of the rings but i forgive you and you hit the nail on the head with Colfer, love his books.Q: have you read his HalfMoon Investigations yet? if so love to hear about it
have a nice day

Laya said...

Thanks for your recommendations. I'm a mom of two kids and I read out loud with them a lot. We've read some on your list so we'll check out the others.

Maybe some day you'll read the book I wrote and let me know what you think!

Keep writing!
All the best,
Laya

International Mastermind said...

OMG, I love every author on your list!